Hughes & Kettner redefines the guitar amplifier with Black Spirit 200
Hughes & Kettner is opening a new chapter in the story of guitar amplification with the release of the pioneering new Black Spirit 200 amplifier.
Blessed with incredible practicality and an exhilarating range of sounds and features, immense power, and weighing in at just 8 lbs., Black Spirit 200 is truly like no amp before.
Black Spirit 200 is the first amplifier to feature Hughes & Kettner’s revolutionary new ‘bionic’ Spirit technology. Made in Germany and housed on a sealed PCB, the Spirit Tone Generator faithfully recreates the vivid interactions of traditional tube amp circuits in a strictly analog way, delivering world class tone and responsiveness.
The amp features four channels – Clean, Crunch, Lead, and Ultra – which cover all the iconic guitar sounds of the last 60 years, plus a comprehensive range of built-in reverb, delay and modulation effects. Black Spirit 200 is also the world’s first analog amp to feature a power amp sagging control, letting players adjust the amount of power amp sag regardless of the volume level.
In addition, the amp can be played through any kind of speaker – from standard guitar cabinets to active and passive PA speakers, studio monitors and even hi-fi systems – and the new generation Red Box DI output now offers eight ultra-realistic cabinet simulations, making it the perfect mic-free solution for stage and studio.
Thanks to Hughes & Kettner’s Smart Rotary Control technology, every pot setting (including EQs and gain, and sagging) on Black Spirit 200 can be saved and recalled in up to 128 presets using any compatible MIDI footswitch, and unlimited tonal presets are possible when using the amp’s free App for iPad via Bluetooth.
Black Spirit 200 packs a massive 200 watts of power, making it loud enough for the biggest of stages. The amp can also be reduced to 20, 2, or even 0 zero watts for silent recording and bedroom practice. With a headphone out and an Aux in – or using Bluetooth – players can jam along to their favorite tunes any time inspiration strikes.
Rüdiger Forse, Hughes & Kettner’s Senior Product Manager, said: “Black Spirit 200 is like no amp before. With the Spirit Tone Generator, guitarists can enjoy the best tone of their lives, at any volume, and the amp has all the features you need to make it perfect for anywhere from your bedroom to the world’s biggest arenas. Black Spirit 200 might weigh just 8 lbs. and fir in your carry-on luggage, but this amp has the power to change your life!”
Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200 – key facts and technical specifications:
- Pioneering bionic Spirit Tone Generator faithfully recreates the vivid interactions of traditional tube amp circuits in a strictly analog way
- 4 channels: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra, which offer all the iconic amp sounds
- The world’s first analog amp with true power amp sagging control, adds creaminess at any volume
- Output power switchable from 200 to 20 and 2 watts without sacrificing your tone
- All new Red Box AE+ with eight ultra-realistic cabinet emulations
- Enjoy great tone through any kind of loudspeaker: guitar cabinets, active or passive full range PA speakers, studio or hi-fi speakers
- Digital on-board effects: Reverb, Delay (with Tap function), Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Tremolo
- All controls except Master Volume are fully programmable thanks to Hughes & Kettner’s proprietary Smart Rotary Control technology
- Save your favorite sound settings in up to 128 presets
- MIDI In and Thru lets you connect the Hughes & Kettner FSM-432 MK III MIDI board or other MIDI controllers
- Wireless remote control and unlimited presets with the free App for iPad
- Bluetooth streaming or stereo mini jack for jamming to playalongs
- Headphones out that also serves as a stereo line out
- Full range automatic switching power supply for worldwide use (100 V to 240 V)
- Just 3.6 kg / 7.8 lbs.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 410 x 155 x 150 mm
Black Spirit 200 at Hughes & Kettner: